Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Top 10 America/Canada

I figured I would redo this with reasons behind it so some of them may have shifted in my memory:

1. Denver (I include Fort Collins and Boulder in this. Fucking class city. Right size, in the middle of the Rockies, beautiful people, friendly people, seems European, has a microbrewery. And such crisp air. Towns dont come this cool)
2. New York (A slightly poorer London, but considering London is the best city in the world, that still makes it great)
3. New Orleans (Has its own vibe. The blues wafting along the Mississippi, great parties and oh that music, that food and those accents)
4. Austin (Best music scene in the world. Probably even better than Londons. I love Texas)
5. Seattle (Funky place with its own vibe. Seriously quirky, downright cool)
6. San Francisco (Despite the fact that I say this place is like the 40 year old man in a club who still thinks hes got it, it is still beautiful just stuck in the past)
7. Charleston (Beautiful colonial city, dripping with Southern charm. Though if we had couchsurfed in Savannah instead they'd probably switch places. See them both. Charleston for the architecture, Savannah for the trees)
8. Philadelhpia (Mini, prettier New York with history)
9. San Antonio (Another gem in Texas. All the places between them are cool as well. Great people, cool city)
10. Memphis (Like a smaller New Orleans with less of a vibe, but lots to see and do)

3 comments:

Prinsesse Geli said...

hahahah I've never tought of NY as a poorer London :p probably because I've never been to London, but I bet you are right :p ... by the way ,I've been meaning to ask you forever, where did you get that Marti Hamilton thing? is it like my Haëngell Hillinger? :p

Prinsesse Geli said...

the other thing I wanted to say is that you liked Texas so much, because that used to be México :p so, you actually liked ancient México for the best cities in the U.S. woohoo! México Rules!! :p

El Vagabundo said...

Hmm its from a combination of Jose Marti and Alexander Hamilton. Along with Bobby Kennedy they are my three political heroes lol
And yeah I like the area of Mexico bordering Texas a lot as well. Will travel round that region again.