Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Top 10 Mexican Cities

I did one for the US and was planning on doing one for each reason (USA, Mexico, Caribbean and Central America, Brazil, West South America, North South America and South South America). 6 Regions and this is on the cities alone, not who I met there in case itcauses any offense lol.
I figured I would reedit with my reasons.

1. Guanajuato (This is just quite frankly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and for a city of 60,000 to top my list you know its amazing)
2. Zacatecas (Also a stunning city, this has a whirlwind nightlife and I enjoyed it a lot)
3. Guadalajara (Here come the big guns and this city is the prettiest, including the people in Mexico)
4. Monterrey (Spectacular mountain setting and Yoana probably caused this to punch slightly above its weight even though I said that would not affect things)
5. Mexico City (Big, bad, beautiful. So much to do and such a good city)
6. Morelia (Pretty and small. Not quite the most beautiful city in the world as LP says, but it is beautiful, cosy and so are the people)
7. San Cristobal De La Casas (Every tourists favourite, its pretty and has history, but its only the 4th best of the small colonials)
8. Chihuahua (Cool cowboy town and the entrance to the best thing in Mexico. Far better than the other end)
9. Oaxaca City (Overrated but enough cool things surrounding it to make the list)
10. Campeche (Very pretty coastal town, but looks a little dull)

Though you have to visit the northern cowboy towns ands the Copper Canyon is by miles the best thing in the country. I love the north and especially the north east towards Texas. I will be back there in this region in my 6 months break between Argentina and New Zealand.

No comments: